We love this super easy appetizer dip that’s packed with protein, good fat, vitamins, amino acid, and antioxidants. The ingredients in this dip are some of our ‘must haves’ in our kitchen too: avocados, lemons, cashews (especially if you make vegan cheese), edamame (for snacking), and most of all, Matcha.
All you need to do is add everything in your food processor and you’re pretty much done! Dollop on your salad, use as a sandwich spread or as a dip. And the recipe is very flexible as well to your liking.
- 1 cup soaked cashews (can be replaced with soft chickpeas)
- 1 cup cooked edamame
- 1 whole small avocado (can be replaced with 3 tbsp. silken tofu or yogurt)
- 2 tsp of Culinary Matcha
- 2-3 cloves of minced garlic (adjust to your liking)
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 of a lemon squeezed
- pinch of salt
- pinch of black pepper
- pinch of sumac
- a few drops of Tabasco (optional)
- Pulse all the ingredients until well pureed
- If the hummus is too thick, add a bit of water for a smoother consistency. Adjust the seasoning to your liking.
Garnish with sesame seeds, cilantro, parsley, sliced radish, etc. Drizzle with sesame oil. Serve with rice crackers, pita chips, and vegetable sticks such as celery, radish, carrot, or cucumber. Let us know what you think of this recipe and share it with @yvetteteas!
Recipe by: Yvette A.