Often times we hear that Matcha requires tedious preparation and exotic Japanese teaware to make a good cup. While it is true that mastering the art of tea preparation and learning Tea Ceremony (be it Japanese Chado or Chinese Gongfucha) takes years of knowledge and practice, when it comes to preparing Matcha at home, you can improvise with what you have. Check out the video feature below by Soul Traveller Magazine* for a short demo.
Click here for the direct link.
There are many studies and known benefits of Matcha. This is because Matcha contains the nutrients from the entire leaf, which results in greater amounts of antioxidants. Antioxidants are the body’s defense agents. They are chemical compounds that prevent aging and chronic diseases.
- Matcha contains concentrated amounts of antioxidants. It ranks 1573units per gram in ORAC (Oxygen radical absorbance capacity) rating, compared to Pomegranate (105) and Blueberries (93).
- 1 Cup of Matcha has many antioxidants as 10 cups of Brewed Green Tea
- It is rich in chlorophyll, fiber and vitamins
- It contains a compound called L-theanine, promoting a steady, calm alertness.
- It enhances mood and aids in concentration.
- Matcha is high in EGCG, a type of catechin known to have anti-cancer properties. Studies have proven that it also slows and inhibits cancer growth.
- Boosts metabolism and burns calories
- Lowers cholesterol and blood sugar
In this recipe, you’ll learn the Jar Shaken method which only requires a Mason Jar.
- 1 gram (1 chasaku spoon or 1/2 tsp.) of Ceremonial or Premium Grade Matcha
- 1 cup of cold Coconut Water (we recommend unsweetened)
Makes: 1 cup
- Sift 1 full scoop (1 gram) of ceremonial Matcha into a mason jar (or any jar with a tight lid).
- Add 1 cup of cold Coconut Water in a jar.
- Tightly close the lid and shake for 30-60 seconds.
- Pour in a glass and serve with ice. Garnish with lemon, orange wedges or fresh mint.
If you do make this, let us see! 🙂 Tag your photo and share with #yvetteteas on Instagram.
Source: Made by yv et té
*With us on the video is Punam Verma, the creator of SOUL traveller magazine, and also the host & producer of SOUL traveller the TV show, on SKY TV in the UK, on channel 212. She is a Journalist, TV Presenter, International MC and Metaphysics Practitioner.
Cover Photo by Javiera Akhter, @dineoutdubai
Posted on August 2019