Summer is officially here, rolling in some heat waves with it! This Matcha Lime Mint Iced Tea, is a similar concept to the famous “Lemon Mint Iced Tea” we normally find in the Emirates. It’s refreshing and crisp; and perfect for the summer days or nights—except it has some Matcha!
Matcha provides an energy boost, that’s great as a ‘pick-me-up.’ It’s also super easy to make and you can get creative with the ingredients as well. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can add a dollop of fresh passion fruit or substitute the water for Coconut Water. Nice!
- 1 cup of Filtered water (or Coconut Water)
- 1 tsp. of Excellent Culinary Grade Matcha
- ½ of lime (squeezed)
- 1 cup of Ice
- 1 tbsp. of honey or sweetener of your choice
- A handful of Mint
- 1 tbsp. of fresh Passion fruit (optional)
Serves: 1 cup
- Using a fine mesh sieve, mix the water and matcha together until there are no lumps.
- Add the ice, mint and a squeeze of lime and mix all together. Add honey, coconut sugar or any sweetener of your choice.
- Pour into glasses and serve. Garnish with slices of lemon and lime and mint.
There are several grades and subgrades of matcha that we’ve come across. We recommend using a high quality premium culinary grade matcha (preferably originating from Nishio city or Uji city in Japan, the top producers of matcha). These mixes well with smoothies and milk-based ingredients and has a robust flavor. While the color may not be vibrant electric green like ceremonial grade (highest grade), it is still very bright in color. Lower grade matcha will have a stronger bitter taste and yields a yellow-olive-brownish color, that’s coarse in texture.
This recipe was created by Love & Lemons. https://www.loveandlemons.com/matcha-mint-iced-tea/. We’ve recommended to add some passion fruit or use coconut water as a variation.
If you do make this, let us see ☺ Tag your photo and share with #yvetteteas on Instagram.
Tried & Tasted by: Yvette A.
Posted on July 2017