For Japanese Green Tea Lovers, this is for you. While Sencha can be vegetal, seaweed-y brisk & grassy, we’ve decided to play around with this Cold Brew with ripe honeydew—and boy, it was juicy, naturally succulent and sweet. This is probably our top favourite Cold brews.
Sencha is the most popular tea in Japan and accounts for almost 80% of the tea consumed. Of course, not all Senchas are the same. The quality will vary on the harvest season, region, manufacturing process and brewing technique.
Sencha is known for its health benefits, largely due to catechins, antioxidants, catechins, vitamin C, folic acid and other nutrients. It is known to prevent cancer (due to its rich antioxidants), boost energy & metabolism, lowers blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
For this Cold brew, you’ll need:
- 2 tbsp of Japanese Imperial Sencha Green Tea
- 4 cups of water (or 1-liter Pitcher/Carafe/Juice Jug)
- 1 cup of ripe Honeydew cut in cubes
- 1 tbsp of honey (optional)
- Mix all the ingredients together in a pitcher, French press or Carafe.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight and adjust to your liking.
- Strain all the ingredients out of the pitcher and pour through a fine-mesh sieve.
- Serve with ice.
Source: Made by yv et té
If you do make this, let us see! 🙂 Tag your photo and share with #yvetteteas on Instagram.
Made by: Yvette A.
Posted on July 2019 www.yvettetea.com/blog